The fabric of time has been disrupted, and the fate of T and G is uncertain. Gaspar consults the many records of the Zeal Archives to determine how the journey began, both for our characters, and for the world of Chrono Trigger!
T and G discuss:
* The development of Chrono Trigger from it’s convoluted origins as a Final Fantasy game back in 1992 with the “dream team” Hironobu Sakaguchi (producer / creator of _Final Fantasy_), Akira Toriyama (character designer for _Dragon Quest_, creator of _Dragonball_), Yuji Horii (game designer and creator of _Dragon Quest_), as well as key team members Masato Kato (scenario writer and story planner, later for _Final Fantasy VII_), Yasunori Mitsuda (composer), and Nobuo Uematsu (composer, _Final Fantasy_ series)
* What the video game (and JRPG) scene was like in the mid-to-late 1990s, including what the ‘competition’ was, our first experiences with Chrono Trigger, and a bit about advertising of the game and consoles of the era
* The legacy and impact of Chrono Trigger, and whether or not the game still holds up (yes), and is relevant in modern gaming context (not so much)
## Where to find us
The Zeal Archives is a [Nickscast](https://thenickscast.com) production and can be found wherever fine podcasts are listened to, or at the source at [zealarchives.com](https://zealarchives.com)
For news and other updates about the podcast, you can follow us on [Twitter](https://twitter.com/zealarchives) or [Facebook](https://facebook.com/zealarchives) @zealarchives
For more about the hosts, Nick T and Nick G, check out [the Nickscast](https://thenickscast.com) on [Twitter](https://twitter.com/thenickscast), [Facebook](https://facebook.com/thenickscast), [Instagram](https://instagram.com/thenickscast), or [YouTube](https://youtube.com/thenickscast), all @thenickscast.
* Nick Green as (Nick) G and himself
* Nick Terwoord as (Nick) T and himself
* Nick Zacharewicz as Gaspar, the Guru of Time, and as (Nick) Z
Editing, scripting, and podcast visual design by Nick Terwoord.
And an extra special thanks to Square Enix for making that game that we love, Chrono Trigger ...and for not suing us.
[00:45] Intro: [Inception](https://www.jamendo.com/track/1208449/inception) by [The ARTISANS Beats](https://www.jamendo.com/artist/464776/the-artisans-beats) used under [Jamendo’s standard license](https://help-licensing.jamendo.com/hc/en-us/articles/211293289-What-can-I-do-with-a-Standard-License-)
[00:55] Cold opening music: [A Legacy Forgotten](https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03034) by [Jesús Chic Acevedo](https://ocremix.org/artist/14128/jesus-chic-acevedo), [Pearl Pixel](https://ocremix.org/artist/14127/pearl-pixel), and [ZackParrish](https://ocremix.org/artist/13667/zackparrish) from [http://ocremix.org](http://ocremix.org) used under [ocremix.org content policy](http://ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy#If_you.27re_using_our_content_elsewhere_.28.22Terms_of_Use.22.29%E2%80%A6)
[46:51] Outro: [Punk Hairdo Kid](https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR03338) by [HyperDuck SoundWorks](https://ocremix.org/artist/11143/hyperduck-soundworks) from [http://ocremix.org](http://ocremix.org) used under [ocremix.org content policy](http://ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy#If_you.27re_using_our_content_elsewhere_.28.22Terms_of_Use.22.29%E2%80%A6)