The world of Chrono Trigger is beginning to fall apart. Robo’s sacrifice brought our heroes one step closer to potential salvation, but hopes are dashed when the distortion begins to impact T as well. Will G and T be torn worlds apart, or... something worse? Is there any hope left in a ruined future? And what is that mysteriously ghostly voice?!
T and G discuss:
* What exactly Death Peak is: How you get there, why you might want to check it out, how FRUSTRATING it can be, and it’s role in the story of Chrono Trigger
* Their thoughts on the whole ‘Death Peak’ sidequest because… well, spoilers, but Crono dies and the canonical ending is that Crono is dead (you don’t have to save him). Oh, did you not know that? This episode has some spoilers!!!
* Well, with that out of the bag… is it worth saving Crono? Does saving him make the story more, or less interesting? The game developers intended that he be dead, that’s for sure.
## Where to find us
The Zeal Archives is a [Nickscast](https://thenickscast.com) production and can be found wherever fine podcasts are listened to, or at the source at [zealarchives.com](https://zealarchives.com)
For news and other updates about the podcast, you can follow us on [Twitter](https://twitter.com/zealarchives) or [Facebook](https://facebook.com/zealarchives) @zealarchives
For more about the hosts, Nick T and Nick G, check out [the Nickscast](https://thenickscast.com) on [Twitter](https://twitter.com/thenickscast), [Facebook](https://facebook.com/thenickscast), [Instagram](https://instagram.com/thenickscast), or [YouTube](https://youtube.com/thenickscast), all @thenickscast.
* Nick Green as (Nick) G and himself
* Nick Terwoord as (Nick) T, Robo and himself
* [SMZeldaRules](https://smzeldarules.carrd.co/) as Lucca
Editing, scripting, and podcast visual design by Nick Terwoord.
And an extra special thanks to Square Enix for making that game that we love, Chrono Trigger ...and for not suing us.
[00:08] Opening Music: [Tears of Contention](https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01446) by [Bladiator](https://ocremix.org/artist/4640/bladiator), [The Orichalcon](https://ocremix.org/artist/4619/the-orichalcon) from [http://ocremix.org](http://ocremix.org) used under [ocremix.org content policy](http://ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy#If_you.27re_using_our_content_elsewhere_.28.22Terms_of_Use.22.29%E2%80%A6)
[26:07] Closing Music: [The Final Battle](https://ocremix.org/remix/OCR01525) by [PLBenjaminZ](https://ocremix.org/artist/4725/plbenjaminz) from [http://ocremix.org](http://ocremix.org) used under [ocremix.org content policy](http://ocremix.org/info/Content_Policy#If_you.27re_using_our_content_elsewhere_.28.22Terms_of_Use.22.29%E2%80%A6)